It has come to our attention that on the 17th of November, 2021 a webinar on alcohol marketing research policy in Ireland will take place online (on Zoom).
About this event
The UK-Ireland Alcohol Research Network (AcoRN) would like to invite you to a webinar exploring one of our key research areas: alcohol marketing. You can find out more about the AcoRN network by connecting with us on Twitter (@AcornAlcohol). You can also apply for network membership and sign up to our mailing list at the AcoRN website.
In this webinar – hosted on Zoom – we will be joined by Dr. Pat Kenny, Dr. Nathan Critchlow, Vania Filipova, Dr. Richard Purves, and Eunan McKinney to update on the latest evidence on alcohol marketing in Ireland and discuss implications for the Public Health (Alcohol) Act 2018 and future research needs in Ireland. The full agenda, and speakers, are detailed below.
This is an important and timely webinar given that Ireland will have implemented the latest Public Health (Alcohol) Act 2018 controls on some advertising at sport and some event sponsorship the previous week.
A link to the event will be e-mailed on the day of the event, so please ensure your e-mail address is correct when registering.
Agenda and presentation titles:
- 13:00 – Dr. Pat Kenny (Technological University Dublin) –Opening remarks and update on the Public Health (Alcohol) Act 2018.
- 13:10 – Dr. Nathan Critchlow (University of Stirling) –Examining changes in alcohol marketing awareness one year after initial implementation and during the COVID-19 pandemic: Findings from online repeat cross-sectional surveys.
- 13:25 – Vania Filipova (Technological University Dublin) –The impact of health warnings in alcohol ads: Comparing single vs. multiple vs. graphic health warnings.
- 13:40 – Dr. Richard Purves (University of Stirling) –Examining alcohol marketing during the 2020 Six Nations and implications for the Public Health (Alcohol) Act.
- 13:55 – Short Break (5 minutes).
- 14:00 – Panel Discussion with Dr. Pat Kenny, Dr. Nathan Critchlow, Vania Filipova, Dr. Richard Purves, and Eunan McKinney (Alcohol Action Ireland).
- 14:25 – Closing remarks
This event is for researchers, public health professionals, policymakers, government officials, civil society groups etc.
If you wish to participate click on the following link to register: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/acorn-webinar-alcohol-marketing-research-and-policy-in-ireland-tickets-193346062277.