EUCAM research - getting a clear picture of alcohol marketing via social media
EUCAM would like to conduct a unique, European research into alcohol marketing via social media. The goal is to provide insight in the content of and exposure to alcohol marketing via social media and to verify whether regulations are adhered to.
Do you also want to gain insight in the online alcohol marketing activities in your country, targeted towards young people? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jernigan et al. (2017). Self-Reported Youth and Adult Exposure to Alcohol Marketing in Traditional and Digital Media: Results of a Pilot Survey
- Cranwell et al. (2016). “F*ck It! Let’s Get to Drinking—Poison our Livers!”: a Thematic Analysis of Alcohol Content in Contemporary YouTube Music Videos
- Cranwell et al. (2016). Adult and adolescent exposure to tobacco and alcohol content in contemporary YouTube music videos in Great Britain: a population estimate
- Cranwell et al. (2015). Adolescents’ exposure to tobacco and alcohol content in YouTube music videos
- Cranwell et al. (2016). Alcohol and Tobacco Content in UK Video Games and Their Association with Alcohol and Tobacco Use Among Young People
- Lobstein et al. (2016). The commercial use of digital media to market alcohol products: a narrative review
- Purves, Stead and Eadie (2014). “What are you meant to do when you see it everywhere?” Young people, alcohol packaging and digital media. Institute for Social Marketing, University of Stirling.
To be updated.
Other research projects
University of Helsinki Centre for Research on Addiction, Control and Governance, research "Online marketing of alcohol". Click here for more information.
University of Amsterdam, research "Alcohol and Social Networking Sites". Click here for more information.
Addiction Switzerland, research online alcohol marketing. Click here for more information. Previous, Addiction Switzerland conducted a research project into advertising and promotion of tobacco products (including websites and social network sites).